Sunday, November 2, 2008

Namaha

"It's not about me"...........
My daily reading today was something about blessing people ----- that's not so hard most of the time, eh? How about blessing difficult people? The kind that get on your last nerve. Oh....THOSE people. As Iyanla says ---- "Those who seem to be totally unaware that what they do has an impact on on others. The people who have no qualms about demonstrating in word or deed that they do not want to be where they are, doing what they are doing. People who pout or mope while they are working (Tina says: or anything else for that matter). People who speak harshly, roll their eyes, suck their teeth or show up late without an explanation. Be willing to see difficult people in a new way. Don't be so quick to believe that their behavior has anything to do with you. Don't be impatient. Don't give them a hard time. Take the high road. Bless them!"
I don't know about anyone else but yeah, I guess I could and should admit that I often do think it's about me. Ha! The person who has bad manners or is disrespectful ---- that's about ME, right? Hmmmmm........add to my grateful list: the ability to rethink and make conscious choices. *Notes to self*

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

Teeth suckers are the worst!

To me, it's a totally foreign concept that someone else's disposition has nothing at all to do with me. Huh? Who knew!

Great meditation. Fun blog!