Sunday, October 26, 2008

Once Upon a Sunday......

Oddly enough, there is much anxiety associated with starting one of these new "things" for me. Yes......I had a Myspace page (actually THREE different ones over the years).....Yes.....I had a Facebook profile.....can you tell? Maybe that explains why this blog has been on the back burner for months while I excused and excused away.......nevertheless, I do have different intentions for this and have wanted to do it for quite some time.
I hate the telling about me. How does one describe herself in 30 words or less - or whatever the limitations of this social tool are? I hate the choosing one pic that is supposed to depict ME. In fact, I almost named my blog "She Looks Alot Like Me".....should I have? :)
While pondering what I might write for this grand inaugural entry I scanned a few of my friends' blogs ---- what do they write about? Who reads it? Who comments? Is it safe? How much can you really share of your Self? *thinking* ALWAYS thinking. ALWAYS processing. ALWAYS observing. As if. (That was intentional).
I followed this link and that link and wound up stumbling into a brand new place which I am very happy about and most grateful for. I find myself really drawn in by this person's words and the pics they share and their philosophy. Yup. I like it. And then. Then. There is a story about losing their beloved dog. And pictures. And... I'm crying. So there ya have it. That's me. Here in pj's, hazelnut coffee in hand, on an Autumn morning, starting my blog and crying about someone else's dog. That's me. T.


2 comments:

nici said...

She does look a lot like you, and that's what i like about her!! I am so happy you started a blog!
Miss you... xox

Merry ME said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! You're gonna do just fine.